Wednesday, June 10, 2020

May 2020

 Getting into the swing of things! 

Recognizing that we need more access to digital resources, I submitted a proposal to implement IXL for all our schools. A few teachers had been utilizing the tool individually over the past few years, but I felt it was time to 'districtize' its usage. I evaluated the various modules and made the proposal this month. It looks as if we are moving forward with my suggestions. I couldn't be happier! This simple tool will increase engagement and learning for our students. 

I was also able to distributed over $900 worth of books from Scholastic this month. I decided to pivot from my original goal of purchasing books for the library to purchasing books for individual students to read at home. I partnered with campus teachers to select books the students would most enjoy. Using the money for this purpose is more fulfilling than simply stocking library shelves...especially, not knowing when we will be back in the building. 

In keeping with the tone of all thing Zoom, I was able to present my information literacy workshop at Henrietta Public Library. After learning so much from the News Literacy Project and their Checkology tool, I revamped my information literacy lesson and added it to my repertoire of workshop offerings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment