Friday, May 8, 2020

April 2020

Another crazy month. We were lucky to have recently implemented a technology advisory board. This made the rapid implementation of Zoom and WebEx successful. After administrative approval of utilizing Zoom with our clients, we quickly pivoted to a more robust online learning environment. My responsibilities included creating documentation on how to best utilize Zoom with students, training teachers on Zoom basics and general technology support for our educators and creating guidance documents for our unit staff to utilize curriculum laptops in residential settings. To be honest, this was a really exciting time where I felt in my element. I love rapid response situations where I can assist in a wide range of areas. 

During this month, I also continued my support of the curriculum team. We had started a full re-write of the curriculum before school closures. We continued our work online using Google Classroom & Drive as our basic communication tools. I was able to offer support by presenting valuable educational resources to be embed within the curriculum. I focused on sharing the valuable Gale databases supplied by NovelNY with members of the team. 


No comments:

Post a Comment