Wednesday, February 1, 2017

2017 January

Accomplishments
  • Superlatives Lesson with Ms. R's Class
  • Magic Tree House reading with Ms. R's class with a focus on research skills
  • Began utilizing Little Bits with Mr. Green’s class to teach circuits
  • Initiated CARE training
  • Re-examine safety of library after several incidents
  • Newsletter with a focus on CARE resources
I expanded my Little Bits unit to Mr. Green’s high school science class. Unfortunately attendance in his class was quite low, so I worked 2:1 with his students on expanding their circuitry lesson.
There have been several incidents of students in the library during crisis. This has resulted in books being destroyed, book ends being thrown across the room, shelves becoming unstable and general trashing of the library. Knowing the potential for bodily harm, I worked with administration to educate staff that the library should be avoided when a student is going into crisis. I also removed objects that were readily available to throw and secured items to the wall.

CARE training began this month. I spent much of my time this month, collecting resources for teachers and staff that will support the CARE model. I sent out a newsletter this month highlighting CARE and its impact on our students. 


No comments:

Post a Comment