Tuesday, May 10, 2016

2016 April Theme: Getting Outside

Accomplishments
  • Finalized book festival plans
  • Processed new Title 1 and donated books
  • Created display for Poetry month
  • Poetry unit with Ms. R’s class
This month I really focused on finalizing book festival details. It’s coming soon! A few things I have prepared for the event: BINGO/Scavenger hunt game to reinforce literacy goals of the event, collect and organize prize books, order decorations, finalize directions for St. John Fisher volunteers, finalize schedule and logistics with the help of two wonderful teachers, invite administrators and marketing, coordinate with culinary to provide cookies and select books for 12 table displays.

The Title 1 books came in! I processed the books with Title 1 stickers & stamps and prepped their circulation cards. I also created a new display to highlight the new titles. 

In celebration of poetry month, I worked with Ms. R’s class discuss poetry creation. We read several poetry books including, A Light In The Attic, Poke In The Eye and If I Ruled The School. We then practiced brainstorming and playing with adjectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment